The iSpirt team recently introduced Bootup India, an initiative to reorganize the BootStrapped Indian Start-ups. Let’s build a list of all the BootStrapped Start-up of friends, ex-colleague, mentors or self which you would like to nominate. To start with, here are the SaaS BootStrapped Indian Start-up Software Products I think deserves to be on the list.
- ProfitBooks is a cloud accounting software focusing mainly on Indian SMBs. The company has managed to get over 3000 users onboard since its launch in September 2012. This product has simple yet effective user interface, friendly customer support and strong feature set suitable for both service and retail industry. Apart from the core accounting features, ProfitBooks has also included collaboration tools like tasks, projects and even document management with Dropbox integration making it very attractive to the end users.
- Canvass provides an all-in-one marketing automation software targeted at mid-market companies. Founded at the Indian School of Business by ex-Silicon Valley guys (Google, Cisco) who returned to India to pursue their entrepreneurial dreams, this startup is taking on the fast emerging marketing automation space of India. In a short span of 1.5 years, the company has managed to onboard several marquee clients including LocalBanya.com, Practo, Marathon Builders, Cox & Kings, and more. The company has over 35 paying clients and other 50+ clients in trials, all acquired without paid marketing and external funding.
- MyOperator: A call management product launched my VoiceTree Technologies in March 2013 and has registered over 8500 users in the past 16 months. The call management vertical has been growing in the country and Myoperator has managed to become a recognised player. Their target customer segments include real estate, e-commerce, tours and travels, logistics, hospitality, education and IT service providers. The start-up claims to a growth of 400% YoY. The team emphasizes on packaged service offering and aggressive tele-support system.
- DocEngage: It is a Healthcare CRM, focused on making patient-doctor interaction effective, personal and meaningful. It helps Clinics/Hospitals build a strong relationship with patients, improve patient satisfaction, increase revenue & outcome through a set of powerful and usable tools. The product ensures convenient usability for stakeholders and addresses the numerous practical challenges of the Indian market. The team’s hunger to build an intuitive and usable product is unmatchable, which in turn creates hooks for our customers.Though the clinic management software space has just started to grow, more and more organisation have started to realise that a clinic management software is a must for any clinic or hospital.
- MenuSquare: A Business Intelligence(BI) analytics, feedback system & customer information storage system for restaurants launched by SmartSquare innovations private limited. It helps the restaurant management to store feedback & customer information on the cloud. Mobile analytics help restaurant owners in accessing the reports from any mobile device from anywhere & also helps them in understanding the customer behavior.This information, in turn, helps them in making key strategic decisions to improve the bottom line of the business.The product has been designed keeping the challenges of the hospitality industry in mind.The team plans to market the product in SaaS model.
- KreatoCRM: It is an end to end online Customer Relationship Management Software by Navrita Software Pvt. Ltd. It has all features starting from managing all customer information, managing marketing campaigns, planning team activities and generating reports, opportunities / Leads Tracking etc everything can be done with a Basic subscription of KreatoCRM version. They are bootstrapped till date without any external investments and since formal launch of the product by April 2014, they have been able to add 50 + Paying Clients and have over 300 trial customers from various verticals (Manufacturing, Servicing, Real Estate, Travel & Tourism, Consulting, Professional Services etc.,) all around India.
Later in this edition let us discuss some bootstrapped software products that would make India proud in the future
- SalesHandy: It’s a sales engagement tool designed specifically to curb the flaws and ensure better inbound sales. Designed by 5 people this one of a kind software in India comes up with the features of email tracking, focused live meeting, lead tracking, email templates and many more. It’s an end to end sales tool comprising of unlimited online meetings, real-time notifications and cross-platform configurations.
- Plexus-MD: It’s a professional networking and healthcare software for medical professionals and healthcare organizations. It’s the fastest growing healthcare network. Plexus-MD profile is indexed by Google and it’s free for life. It helps the patient connecting with the doctors as and when needed.
- Exotel: With an easy to use “User-Interface” and excellent service, Exotel has been a client favourite beside being one of the best CRM tools. Founded by Shivakumar Ganesan in 2011, Exotel helps in managing and storing all your phone data to the cloud. Which means you can easily keep track of logged and missed calls, messages and existing phone data efficiently.
- Waywheels: It’s a one-stop platform for all automobile services. HQ in Delhi, it focuses on the day-to-day problems faced by the vehicles. It can be easily accessed being a mobile app. As Delhi is a traffic ridden city, Startup pitch provides the ultimate solutions if the vehicle gets damaged in between traffic, reduces the fuss of traffic jam due to vehicle breakdown. It has more than 2000 service centres with online bookings available on more than 250 centres.
- Pixpa: Pixpa is an online portfolio website builder which is designed basically for photographers, artists & designers. It stands out from other such website builders with its focus on simplicity, flexibility and powerful editing features that it offers. It’s product offering of DIY website builder; e-commerce and work-flow tools make it easy for creative pros to showcase their work online.
If I have missed out any in this category, then your views are welcome in the comments section.!!!!