SoftwareSuggest is an online platform exclusively dedicated towards Business Software Discovery and Recommendation. We analyze every aspect of the software trends for the customers so that they can purchase the best software from hundreds of such products thronging the market. Since we value the satisfaction of our customers highly, we analyze their requirements with extensive research, and ultimately compile our observations and conclusions in the form of a Report.
Here is an exhaustive Research Report on the “Customer Purchase Insights For Accounting Software”. The following are the conclusive findings of our Research Report. The following are the conclusive findings of our Research Report which has been prepared after analyzing 5000+ Accounting Software buyers.
- Most Accounting Software buyers are from: Maharashtra: 20%, followed by Gujarat: 12% and then Delhi: 9%
- Requirement for Installation-based software is more than Web-based software; the former aggregating a whopping 64 percent.
- The Budget preferred by a majority of customers is in the range of INR 5-10,000 with around 49 percent of them belonging to the ‘First time User’ group.
- About 25 percent of the Customers prefer Local Vendors for buying Accounting Software for their business.
Let us have a detailed look at the figures as per our research results.
Geographical Spread Of Accounting Software Buyers
We found that 20% of Accounting Software buyers are from Maharashtra, followed by 12% from Gujarat and 9% from Delhi. Rest of the sections in the Graph is shared by other States.
Industry-Wise Spread Of Accounting Software Buyers
When it comes to Industry-wise data, the highest number of enquiry for an Accounting Software comes from the Retail Industry, followed by the Manufacturing Industry, and then the Distribution Industry.
Accounting Software Request On The Basis Of Designation
If we go deeper into the Department levels of the Industries, the most number of request for an Accounting Software comes from the Owner of the Company, followed by the Accountant and then the Director.
The Estimated Budget Preference (in INR) Of The Customers
Around 38 percent of customers preferred to buy their required Accounting Software in the Budget range of INR 5,000 – 10,000. This is followed by 34 percent of customers, who preferred the Budget range of INR 10,000 – 15,000. The percentage of customers decreases gradually as the Budget range increases and this is clearly demonstrated in the Graph above.
Preferred Deployment Type: Installation-based Vs. Web-based Software
When it comes to choosing between Installation-based and Web-based Software, the scales tilt heavily in favour of Offline/Installation-based accounting software. This clearly shows that as far as Accounting Software is concerned, majority of customers are not open to buying Web-based solutions.
First time Software Buyers Against Existing Users Looking To Upgrade
It was observed that 49% of the users were first time software buyers and 51% were looking to upgrade their existing software. For such buyers, as the requirements and needs of their business increased, the existing Accounting software was not able to fully meet those needs. And hence they wanted to buy another software, with more functionalities and better quality standards.
Users Preferred Location For Buying Accounting Software
Just 25% of the Companies/Customers prefer buying Accounting Software from the local vendors, while the remaining 75% of Companies opted to buy their required software from vendors who have a Pan-India presence. This showed that the Credibility Factor of prominent software vendors, who operate across India, was higher!
All the above-mentioned facts and statistics have been generated from data collected by the SoftwareSuggest team.
We welcome your valuable thoughts or suggestions in the Comment section below. You can also find a list of Accounting Software here.